This year has produced a lot of bullshit. An earthquake in Haiti killed 230,000 people. Monsoons left 20% of Pakistan under water. An Antarctic collision between an iceberg and a glacier gouged out a chunk of sea ice the size of Luxembourg. An Icelandic volcano pissed off a shitload of Europeans. Winter was so warm that Canadians couldn't even make fake snow for their Olympics. Man just made things worse - between the BP oil leak and this country's lawmakers not being able to balance a fucking checkbook, it's been a stressful year being an American (that's why I rid myself of all nationalism - I don't have to feel guilty when shit like this happens, it's great). But you know what, despite all that, at least some great records came out in 2010. Here's the Squid Pro Quo "Top 10 of 2010."
1. Iron Chic - Not Like This
2. The Dopamines - Expect the Worst
3. Sundowner - We Chase The Waves
4. The Brokedowns - Species Bender
5. The Riverdales - Tarantula
6. Alkaline Trio - This Addiction
7. The Methadones - S/T
8. Old Wives - See You In Hell
9. Off With Their Heads - In Desolation
10. The Queers - Back To the Basement
If Deep Sleep's new album were officially released, it would have made this list.