Friday, April 8, 2011
The Lawrence Arms Set To Release Live DVD From 10-Year-Anniversary Show
Yoinked from Fat Wreck:
"Fat Wreck Chords is teaming up with Crankstrap Productions to release a DVD from The Lawrence Arms titled An Evening of Extraordinary Circumstance, due out in late summer. The video was shot at The Metro in Chicago during The Lawrence Arms 10 year anniversary show. Take a look at this stellar preview and we’re confident you’ll find what you’ve come to expect at a Lawrence Arms show: booze, banter, music and the usual rogues’ gallery of fans. Check out what Brendan Kelly had to say about the DVD:
When Travis approached me about filming The Lawrence Arms’ 10 year anniversary show at the Metro in Chicago, I said something to the effect of, “sure, I don’t care, just as long as I don’t have to do any work or think about it at all.” Well, fast forward a year and a half and motherfuckers are asking me for blurbs about this shit. This wasn’t part of the deal, man! If Travis had done anything less than a spectacular job of capturing three sweaty gross men doing what we love to do, I’d feel really put upon. Fortunately, however, Travis is a great filmmaker and I think the results speak for themselves."
I also saw the set list from the show, which I'm assuming will be the same for the DVD, assuming they don't chop it up.
1. Cut It Up
3. Alert the Audience!
4. Great Lakes / Great Escapes
5. On With the Show
6. Chapter 13: The Hero Appears
7. Sixteen Hours
8. Uptown Free Radio
10. A Wishful Puppeteer
11. Recovering the Opposable Thumb
12. Light Breathing (Me and Martha Plimpton in a Fancy Elevator)
13. Necrotism: Decanting the Insalubrious (Cyborg Midnight) Part 7
14. Brick Wall Views
15. Quincentuple Your Money
16. Lose Your Illusion 1
17. An Evening of Extraordinary Circumstance
19. Hey, What Time is 'Pensacola: Wings of Gold' on Anyway?
20. 106 South
22. Boatless Booze Cruise Part 1
23. Your Gravest Words
24. The Ramblin' Boys of Pleasure
25. 100 Resolutions
26. The Northside, the L&L, and Any Number of Crappy Apartments
27. Like a Record Player
28. Are You There Margaret? It's Me, God.
29. Presenting: The Dancing Machine (The Robot With the Monkey Head)
30. The Raw and Searing Flesh
31. The Disaster March